Monday, September 20, 2010

We Live In Hope.

Hmm, bit of a dilemma at the moment - wether or not to move ahead with an idea I've been harbouring for almost a year. It's a feature, but the idea is to shoot for nothing in five days. I think it's doable, I just need certain people to say yes and commit to make it happen.

Might step on the toes of Ghoster a little bit, but probably not that much. Ghoster is a much bigger production than this and needs a lot more time, and probably couldn't really be done without some investment. I'm going to ask a few people, see if a few heads are willing to jump in for a week long experiment. If it works, I think it could be really cool. If not - hey, it's only a week!

If it looks like it's going to happen i"ll post more about it.

Meantime, screening of my short films as part of Culture Night on Friday 24th, in association with Nexus Art Project on West St. in Drogheda, the old ACC Bank building - 6:30 - 10pm and it's free. I'll also be screening a film that has inspired me and one I love, Tokyo Godfathers. It's also a tribute to Satoshi Kon, one of my favourite directors, who died last month aged only 46 and in the middle of his latest film.

On Wednesday I'm attending a Screen Directors Guild of Ireland event, a conversation with directors Michael Apted and Alan Parker (Peter Weir was supposed to be there, but I guess he pulled out) I've met Michael Apted before, at the same festival where I met my wife in fact - Heartland 2006. He was there with Amazing Grace, I was there with Emily's Song. Lovely man, complete gentleman. So should be fun.

I did an interview for French television show Les Film Faits A La Maison last week, via Skype. It was interesting, spoke for 30 minutes about 140 and the internet and the positives and negatives of using it to make films. They'll edit my answers and use them in a show at a yet-to-be-determined date, but I will certainly post it when it airs.

Apparently the Downtown Film Festival screening was great. Got a bit cold, but people stuck it out and the reaction was positive! Trampas Thompson introduced the film, thanks Tramp! Another fest coming up soon, will be able to announce later this week. And big screening in October, again, announcement to come!

OK, I'm off to see if I can put a feature film together in Five weeks! Hah! Right... I hear you say. Well, we'll see!?!? We live in hope.

No comments: