Monday, March 21, 2011

A Productive Day

As it happened last Monday in Dublin was postponed to Friday, which in turn happened to be a very busy and productive day. A meeting at the Irish Film Board to really just put Derelict on their radar, let them know it's being made so if there's room for future collaboration they will have watched it's progress.

That was followed by a meeting with Derry O'Brien at Network Ireland Television. Derry is the sales agent for Emily's Song and Bill, For Short. I was there to talk about 140 and while I didn't sign any contracts he's going to put the feelers out and see if he can generate some interest with festivals and buyers, see if there's a market there somewhere. So that good, nice to have someone else on side.

I've decided to delay Derelict again, until September. Which will hopefully give the time we need to pull things together. Starting with money! First fundraiser is April 14th in the Highlanes Gallery in Drogheda, a night of Fine Wine, Gourmet Food, Short Films, an Auction and a Raffle. Hopefully we can raise a few quid toward the budget. It should also give us more time for readings and rehearsal.

I'm still working away on the new draft of the script, when I can get to it... should really be working on it now instead of blogging! But I have an excuse, I've been sick all weekend, some bug that wasn't very pleasant, my head still isn't fully clear! So don't want to commit anything sub par to the page... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

That's all for now. Hopefully more news to report soon.

No comments: